FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The oxygen sensor in header for 2nd gen GT....can that be replaced by universal like 35 bucks or do I need specific which start at 84 and then go way up....

·
Registered
874 Posts
If your sensor has 3 wire, make sure you get a three wire universal. And when you hook it up make damn sure you pput the right wires together. The only diff really between a universal and an exact fit is the exact fit has a connector, and the right length of wire, where as the universal has a crimp connector. Als if you go universal, there should be some heat shrink sleeves on the wires. Make sure you put those sleeves over the connectors, and runn a lighter over them to shink them down. Shorting out those wires could be realy bad.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got one for $45 cuz mine died and it works fine. Belive it or not places like Pep Boys and Autozone have stuff that works too

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Is there any sealant used for the o2 to seal the thread on is it just a really tight thread?

·
Registered
709 Posts
An O2 sensor should come with a dab of anti seize on the threads. If not put some on! This is one thing than is a real pain to deal with if it breaks. Yeah, been there done that didn´t like it. be careful not to get any anti seize on the slotted portion of the sensor. just a little on the threads is all you need.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I am not running an o2 sensor. Makes my car die when I hook it up and it does the same thing with a new one. I think my ecu is fryed someplace... But Oh well drive it till it dies and fix it again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts