FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a clutch and tranny in my ride and now its running really hot. I double checked everything coolant related (fan, radiator, hoses etc.) would a waterpump or thermostat fall on its face just like that?---i need help

Later, HK.
94 egt

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
In heavy traffic my temp gauge run up to the O or R in the Normal section.....and normally its at the N....is it normal or not ? then when the fan starts it get back to the N and then warms up again..i guess its supposed to be that way but sometimes im worried about the temp not going down one of these days..

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Whenver mine worked right (haha, well...how it's always worked) whenever I was driving in stop and go traffic it'd leave the N...the fan brings it down....no worries unless it gets to the H

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Mine was doing that too and it was because the cooling system had air in it. Make sure it's filled up to the max by taking the radiator cap off and slowly squeezing the upper hose to see if it will suck up some more coolant. A little trick Neuman showed me when we did my swap.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is too funny...the same thing happened to me when I did my clutch job. My problem was the rad cap though. I spent awhile trying to figure it out (and got help on ERDT), and I though maybe I'd done something wrong since I'd never had that happen before. And when the new engine went in the Silver LTS, I had an overheating problem, but it "fixed" itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.