FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of actual pictures I found of my build several years ago. Sorry for the low quality, but I don't have a scanner.

The original red GT with the side damage, hard to see in shot, but door and rear quarter caved in.

Took it down to where if I removed anything else, it wasn't driveable.

And I did, wow was it quick with no windows, doors, body panels, interior etc!
I put the windsheild washer hose into the fender to spray on the tire!

Tore down! Both actually!

The interior of the silver LX when I got it to the shop! EEWW!!

Ah, the Caymen parts car, sorry had a blown auto and was rotten!

Test fitting the rims!!

The new, painted suspension/brake stuff.

Few pics of car before paint! Drove it like this close to a year!

Wow, I never noticed, but in the last shot because the side shirts aren't on, the rear tire looks huge!
I was so close to painting the car Caymen green! If I make another one, it will be. It looks nice contrasting the rims!

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I love the ride and was worth every drop of blood, sweat, and tears! Using three+ cars for the built I feel like Dr. Frankenstein! At least I had plenty of crap to choose from. I have so much extra crap and fasteners up above the garage. If anyone needs some stuff, I will let you know if I have it.

· Registered
587 Posts
Nice. Your car has car has come a long way and it looks damn good now. Keep it up. I'v actually considered going with a 2-door body rather than my wagon. i have enough GT parts on my wagon to make a GT-clone except the bumpers.LOL

· Registered
587 Posts
silverton said:
fast wagons > fast two doors.

I miss my 4 door sedan though, I really liked the looks of it.
Yea I like my wagon it is fast and suprises most people around my town. But I think that i can make a 2-door much lighter than my wagon.
I may just gut my wagon since I have 2 other cars.

Any ways i'm just rambling sorry LOWETGT don't want to thread jack.

· Registered
2,538 Posts
There isn't really a whole lot more to the wagons than the sedans/two doors. just replace the rear three windows with lexan or something similar and you'd probably be lighter.

· Registered
6,057 Posts
the sedans have the advantage of using the gt rear bumper without mods.

agro, after u modified those bumpers and tried to paint match, it actually looks clean. i'm actually startin to consider usin mustang bumpers but it would also look good and flush with just a gt front bumper on my wagon. have u been able to find tracer wagon tail lights? i haven't.

· Registered
587 Posts
Haven't really looked for them personally since I painted my tails i'm not really interested in finding any. And Thanks about the bumper but I looks like i'll be doing it again since I hit a raccon the other day.

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HAHA, I didn't hate it like that, it just stuck out like a sore thumb! The "style" was cool, but not the colors. I felt like I was driving around a damn Mexican flag! It also just felt ricey and incomplete...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.