FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
When you put on a larger filter you're giving the engine the ability to pump more oil to where it's needed, which helps keep it cooler, run better and last longer. It also helps the oil pump from having to work so hard to pump the same amount of oil.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There is no point to having a bigger filter guys... Only reason why certain cars have bigger ones its because the engine itself is bigger and pumps more oil through it therefore it needs more room to store the gunk that you don't want floating around in your motor.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I don't remember the link to the oil filter test. just take my word for it. the oil filter these guys are talking about is the best one you can get for scorts. You can probably spend a lot more to get a better one. But in terms of contruction etc this is the best filter.

·
Registered
709 Posts
BlackMx-3 said:
just because there is more element doesn't mean it cleans more oil. Siragen you picked pretty much the best oil for your scort. :notworthy:
Well, its more a matter of more filter material allows more dirt to be picked up before the resistance caused by said dirt pushes the oil through the bypass instead of the filter material. This is the reason some of use are using larger filters, as the oil gets older, and the filter plugs up, more of the oil is going to go through the bypass and not get cleaned. I would rather have the oil go through a filter which is why I use a bigger filter.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.