FEOA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok off top of my head i will try to tell you guys what my 91 lx pony is doing. :D Ok i really like this car it is my work car i drive 30 minutes one way great gas mileage..... but a few problems.
1. gas gauge works when it wants to... edis module?
2. hit key and nothing tap starter fires right up but it can go weeks before I have to tap starter........if it was starter wouldn't i have to hit it more often?
3. fuel cutout light came on tonight.....still ran fine never stalled.....got home shut off hit key and nothing hit starter and it fired right up no lights on....
4. check engine light comes on had it tested and said a o2 sensor changed and it still comes on.
5. brake light comes on randomly. full of brake fluid good brakes....
i think this is it lol alot of problems for a car with only 155,000 miles on it. I dont know to retire it and find another or what. try to help me out with my issues. I think i am going to change starter out and see what happens. I just dont know if this is going to leave me stranded. :eek:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
91fordracecort said:
1. gas gauge works when it wants to... edis module?
2. hit key and nothing tap starter fires right up but it can go weeks before I have to tap starter........if it was starter wouldn't i have to hit it more often?
3. fuel cutout light came on tonight.....still ran fine never stalled.....got home shut off hit key and nothing hit starter and it fired right up no lights on....
4. check engine light comes on had it tested and said a o2 sensor changed and it still comes on.
5. brake light comes on randomly. full of brake fluid good brakes....
i think this is it lol alot of problems for a car with only 155,000 miles on it. I dont know to retire it and find another or what. try to help me out with my issues. I think i am going to change starter out and see what happens. I just dont know if this is going to leave me stranded. :eek:
1. I'd say you just have a wiring issue somewhere with that.
2. It could be just a starter, they do wierd things sometimes. I had the same problem with my S10, bought a starter from a 99 S10 with 75,000 miles from a jy for $35, worked perfect afterwards.
3. Don't know, strange.
4. Pull the bulb out :). The main purpose of that light is to scare you into bringing in to a Ford Service center to get it "fixed".
5. My SHO does the same thing, it could just be the sensor for your E-Brake. Mine is on the firewall, but usually if it comes on going down the road I can just wiggle it with my foot and it goes off.

Go ahead and change out your starter, that would be the only thing I could see leaving you stuck anywhere, well the inertia fuel cut off switch could be going bad or have a bad contact, that would leave you stranded if it failed. Really your issues are not harmful, as long as the car is running fine and not missing, smoking, or anything bad, nothing that would leave you stranded unless the starter decides to fully go, or you end up really having a bad inertia switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts