FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running all over the place with my car and I parked in the garage for 30min. When I need to go back out i noticed a few drops had leaked onto the floor from my car.

It looked like engine oil and I'm pretty sure it's not power steering fluid (not sure if it could be something else though). When I touched the oil, it was thick and at room temperature. If it was engine oil it would be hot right? Since my car was only resting for 30min. I check my engine dip stick and it was at full level.

I walked through wal mart the other day and noticed some bottles filled with really thick liquid that they claim will fix seals. Can I buy that and just put it in the engine block in the same location where I put my oil?

·
Registered
385 Posts
You should get under the car and see if you can figure out where the oil is coming from before you start pouring gunk into the engine... It might be something really simple to fix (like a loose drain plug).

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
problem with those fix leaks cans is that u have to use them everytime u change the oil so they can work. in the long run its gonna be cheaper to fix the problem than keep buying them

·
Registered
461 Posts
Better to go under the car if its to oily clean everything with some degreaser try to locate the leak if its from the front of the engine of rear the engine, trans case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts