FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've seen an article in a previous post and the police said he was going somewhere around 120 mph...don't know if its possible with a cosworth....and it was a brand new car...the guy received it as a prom gift i think....

pretty sad to see this kind of accidents happening...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah this is kinda old. I've seen it lots of places, and nobody really knows what happened. One place said 120 mph in the rain, another said 50 mph, drunk, another place said that this was a prank and they tore apart a junker RS and wrapped it around the tree.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
it was an accident... you would have to be a moron to think this was staged. HOW? not that you do im just responding to the doubters... yeah i heard it was like a graduation gift he had just recently recieved and he was bookin... then that. i saw similar pics on vwvortex in europe somewhere with a TDI they hit a tree and it split the car in half (hit it sideways) well they were going so fast that even after it hit the first tree and split in half the back end flew like 30 more yards and hit a tree that it bent around. crazy.

speed kills... so dont do drugs :) keep it at the track boys. i personally prefer doing a lightning fast 83mph in the qt infront of a ton of people rather than one passanger. (i cannot wait for a turbo :) )

i also heard there was someone close to the driver in the car i cannot remember family or friend... maybe there wasent even anyone in it but i am sure i remember another person who was close.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
one rumor was that he was a new driver had the car for like a week, and his buddy was in the passenger seat. but i dont see anyblood anywhere on this.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think anyone could whip up a hoax like this. The car is simply too mangled. As for blood, I'm willing to bet they were dumb enough not to buckle up, in addition to speeding profusely, and that upon impact, they either got ripped in half, and the top of them exited the car, or somehow, the left the car in one piece. Half of the car is missing, however. I dont see any traces of a bumper, or hood, or even an engine really. The occupants may have followed those parts to who knows where.

Oh, one last thought... I wish my car was fast enough turn into an unidentifiable mound of scrap if it ever made contact with a tree. Sadly enough though, its not. It is, however, fast enough to kill me, but not fast enough to get massively mangled so people post about it on the net :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
There were pics of the front on a euro board, the front clip is a little ways away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts