FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my brother went car shopping yesterday to upgrade his neon, after several hours of revamping it to stock. Not fun, but it was done. And we pull in to Elmhust Dodge, nice place...we test drove an SRT-4. And oh my god, this handles wonderfully, accelerates quicker then any car ive been in, even the SVT focus, and is up there wiht the Cobra...sweetest car in a long time ive been in. I want one so damn bad...i will get one as a gift out of highschool...i hope.

*i know im gonna get burned...omg its a neon...get over it. I want that car so bad...*

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im sayin, it seems like it accelerates as fast...and tito im only 17 and the nearest car is a 1989 Trans Am Turbo. The pace car edition...nice car...Grand National motor...but still 0-60 in 5.8is fast as hell...especially for a 4 banger...dont matter that its turbo. And yea so what its a neon...i still want one, cuz right off the bat that thing is soo capable of so much. You see, i like neons...the way the look is nice...well the 2001s at least. But still i will have a neon SRT-4.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
you didn't get the point of my post.

the wrx is like 23500 new, the Evo is base 28500...for the price of the WRX I could use that extra 5k in mods and it'd walk to Evo for the same price of an evo. Plus I got the better looks to boot. :wink:

But anyway...are you really going to get an SRT4 man? I think you should.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'll agree with you on looks, just so long as you're talking about an EVO VIII. if you're talking about my baby the EVO V, (avatar), i'm gonna have to go all drunken monkey on you. lol. the point of my post was that a WRX isn't that great. it's after STi has tuned it. you should specify which you mean, because if there's no STi badge, it's breakfast...

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Name another AWD car with 227 ponies and a standard 5 speed that runs low 14s for under 25k. That's right, you can't. Why is the WRX not that great? people have been trying to play catch up since the WRXs March 2001 introduction. I love the bugeye style and it is a true performer, STi tuned or not. Hell for $1100 bucks I can be putting down 280 hp and running all over EVOs.

Anyway...back to the topic...

·
Registered
12 Posts
James92Scort said:
Name another AWD car with 227 ponies and a standard 5 speed that runs low 14s for under 25k. That's right, you can't. Why is the WRX not that great? people have been trying to play catch up since the WRXs March 2001 introduction. I love the bugeye style and it is a true performer, STi tuned or not. Hell for $1100 bucks I can be putting down 280 hp and running all over EVOs.

Anyway...back to the topic...
like i said, you best not be talking 'bout my baby. the latest EVO production model is shit, simply put. go back a few gens, and they're putting out around 300 HP stock. they're designed for offroading, and that's what they do best. they've been perfecting this car for WRC for how many years, and then they go, and release a street version, that does not even live up to the EVO 1... *sigh*

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Screw all of that... :lol:

I'll buy myself an upcoming 2005 Legacy 2.5GT, throw in a few grand worth of turbo mods and suspension mods and then whup up on all of you.

http://www.need-desire.com/main.html

(bigger, more comfy & stiffer than a WRX.. but similar curb weight, w/ 250hp 250lb-ft engine)

---------------------------------

The SRT-4 is nothing to laugh at. It's absolutely amazing that a car company is willing to bring back some of the ole afordable musclecar spirit in a FWD.. and actually make it stupid fast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The SRT-4 is nothing to laugh at. It's absolutely amazing that a car company is willing to bring back some of the ole afordable musclecar spirit in a FWD.. and actually make it stupid fast.

you wanna know stupid fast, go to edmunds, and look at the Chrysler ME-four-twelve. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, 10.6 1/4 mile, top speed estimated near 250 MPH. rawr.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
TitoElSpicco said:
::drools on self:: that car is sex. i love it.

estimated price?

and srt4's handle awesome. i swear. go drive one. :)
sti good? no, but with the 12g's you saved, i'm sure you could get it close. :)
The 04 SRT4s run around 22k with certain options. Thats 1000 less than the base price of a WRX. :wink:

Siragan, the SRT4 outslaloms the WRX, even though not by much, in case you're wondering...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.