FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last month i noticed that when i slow down in my car, usually at any rate of speed, that a clunk comes from the passenger side of the car. some days you can barely here it or feel it and others you think soemthing jsut broke with how loud it can be.

now ive looked under the car checked the ball joints (which are brand new) and the cv shafts and they seemed fine, i couldnt get a wiggle or an irregular twist out of them. the lower control arm is in good shape, so i doubt that its the problem

all the motor mounts are fine, none of them are loose, particualry because as a precaution i did tighten them up, thought they barely moved

any thoughts on what it could be?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the motor mounts are fine i know that because a week or too before the clunking noise i had the engine out for a tranny swap and too look over the block

i am positive that it not the tie rods or ball joints cause ive replced all of them and they only a few months old atm

i have a feelign its either the bushing on the sway bar are gone or that the passenger side cv shaft is bad, but i cant get any unusual rocking or shifting when i move the cv so i dont think its the cv shaft

i think ill replce the bushing on the sway bar and see if it stops then
thanks for the help man

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how did you destroy motor mounts with 127k on them? mine have 221k ont hem and are still perfectly fine

anyways i have a feeling i broke my coil over spring and the clunking noice im hearing is the shock bottoming out, so im try replacing the front struts and see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.