FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
WTF. I know they're allowed to impound cars, but does that give them the right to tear them up with a FORKLIFT?! And they're decent... I like the S2000's and WRX's. I see a lot of Civic Si's around here though... everybody and their dog has them. But they won't stop it, it'll continue wherever there are roads to do it on. It's funny that they're just /now/ catching onto the fact that almost nobody street races muscle cars anymore.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
They were trying to make a point with the forklift. Personally I think that was stupid. Oooh, you craked my body kit :roll: If they really want to make a point, hit the car where it hurts. Hook up some sandblasting sand to the intake and run the engine till it's no more. That's were most of the money is in those cars. I would cry bad if someone were gonna do that to my car :cry:

Matt 8)

·
Registered
822 Posts
i cry bad enough when somebody SCRATCHES my car. i think they did enough damage to make somebody lose sleep for a couple years

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
fixitmattman said:
I would cry bad if someone were gonna do that to my car :cry:
I don't know about you, but if somebody forklifted my car like that, I wouldn't waste my time crying... I'd be too busy kicking their asses.

I dunno why street racing is so big. Maybe it's the betting, maybe it's the rush, but I personally think it would be more fun at a drag strip.
I don't even really see the point in drag racing, but different strokes I guess... :?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
siragan said:
I don't know about you, but if somebody forklifted my car like that, I wouldn't waste my time crying... I'd be too busy kicking their asses.
That's how I feel too, but generally attacking the local law enforcement is frowned upon 8O

Everybody thinks it's such a big deal that the car was picked up and dropped with a fork lift. It wasn't dropped from very high, so the suspension probably survived intact. And really, what broke? Just body panels: the front bumper, maybe the rad. Let's throw in a hood and some fenders for good luck too. Wow, maybe a $1000 in parts if you were to do it yourself (like all good street racers do :wink: )

Matt 8)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Should they have been street racing?

The answer is no. It's very dangerous and immature.

Should law enforcement be destroying nice cars?

No. Doing that just pisses people off.

Don't punish the car, punish the owner.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Personally? I wouldn't do an organized street race, but... I can see the appeal in it. What gets people into it. And I wouldn't go to a real drag strip 'cause, frankly, my car is too much of a POS compared to a lot of the other cars there. I'd just get laughed at. But it's not too much of a POS to race random civics and stuff from stop light to stop light while I'm bored and driving around at night. And even if those guys laugh, I can't hear it. :lol: And I'd rather not know for sure how slow it is. There's a place near my house that does an all night drag thing like every week during the summer... I went once, but it got rained out and I never got up the nerve to go again. :? Same deal with autocross. :roll: It's not because it's far away or costs money... Those are BS reasons.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd have to agree that taking it out on the car is just stupid, but it's obvious that they are trying to make an example. Think of how many people were sitting at home thinking. "wow i sure as hell don't want that to happen to my car." I also find it realy funny how so many people say muscle cars are dead in the whole "race scene", but i know here in the chicago region muscle cars still rule the streets. Often it's all the inexperienced kids with there first car stupid enough to attend some race that stands out like a sore thumb and is just asking to get busted. Real races often happen with 5 cars around at max and are in and out of a race spot in 5 mins or less going completly unknown to any one. Sorry for the rant.... just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Exactly, these people that attend and start these 'Fast And Furious' style street races are just BEGGING to have the cops called on them. The real way to street race is either from a roll on the highway with a scout car up front or on a isolated back road and do a MAXIMUM of 2-3 passes if you really feel ballsy or it's really isolated. Having hundreds of kids and dozens of cars is just stupid and attracts entirely too much attention before they even get to their strip....Damn kids these days!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Real street racing (not your high-school testosterone induced grudge matches) is usually about money. Any street racer worth anything doesn't advertise the fact with body kits or bling wheels. Kids showing off from stoplights are just posers.. not real street racers.

Impounding means that the city/dept now owns the vehicles.. if smashing them for publicity is worth more to them than the money they'd gain from them at auction, then so be it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I've only been to one 'organized' street race. We all met up at a McDonalds, made tons of noise while there were cops sitting there watching us (but didn't do anything illegal) then they decided where they were gonna go. Thankfully, me and my friend ended up getting lost and I got a flat tire, so we never made it to the 'race.'

I heard later that everybody there got arrested. Was over a hundred people there, half of them weren't racing though. Never went to another. We've done some 'races' just between me and friends, waaay out on the bottom roads at like 2 AM just because we were curious who's car had the higher top speed. There's this 2 lane road that goes straight for like a mile and 3/4, and there's no houses or businesses anywhere near.

And that's why I wouldn't attend an 'organized' street race. :wink:

·
Registered
709 Posts
well lets just remember that these are street racing in NYC for cying out loud. Arrest warrants and all that. sorry but these guys get no sympathy from me. I have seen more punks in civics, supras, and such wanting to race me in my chevelle that I wish I was a cop. These are glorified drag races that are putting peoples lives at risk. Ever been to a drag strip? notice the emergency crew - they are there for a reason. Parts don't blow up at idle, the die at full power. These guys are idiots, and if it takes some broken body kits to teach them then good. Take it to the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.