FEOA Forums banner

not good.

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  birddog 
#1 ·
Well if it wasn't for bad automotive luck I wouldn't have any lately. Two days ago I let a friend borrow my car. They went out to warm it up and when they came out a few minutes later there was a wonderful noise under the hood of my zx2. Unless there is something out there that sounds and acts like a bearing rattling I am in a world of doggy doo-doo. Haven't had a chance to take a look or good listen but it sure sounded like it for the couple seconds I got to hear it. sniff sniff might be time to trade it off on a new 05 stang

#3 ·
Just an update. What is it like to live with 300 hp. It's a friggin' blast. Lots of looks, and way to many hondas trying to race. at 2 bucks a gallon for dinosaur juice, I tend to take it a little easy. the sad part is I get the same fuel economy on the interstate in the mustang as I got in the ZX2.

#4 ·
of course you're having bad luck: your post count is at 666!!!!

i don't know what your problem is really, check your oil level. i had a friend who had that kinda noise come from their engine and was a result of low oil.
if all else fails, go for the new stang, if you can afford the insurance. 8)

#6 ·
DeathSlinger00 said:
of course you're having bad luck: your post count is at 666!!!!

i don't know what your problem is really, check your oil level. i had a friend who had that kinda noise come from their engine and was a result of low oil.
if all else fails, go for the new stang, if you can afford the insurance. 8)
You're a little late:
http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=8020

:D

#8 ·
little update - Oil pump was slowly dying and wasn't carrying enough pressure at idle. Yep, the mains were gone. Oh well. It's someone else's problem now. Love the 'stang. Just came back from Thanksgiving in PA - got 28 mpg out of that beast on the way back with the cruise set on 90. btw ford put a speed governer in at 145. Don't ask how I know. But lets just say it is confirmed 145 is were the fun abruptly stops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.