FEOA Forums banner

Northern Scarberia

644 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  MadBrad 
#1 ·
So today I had to go to Scarborough (Toronto) today. Those who know me well know that I have a general dislike for the greater Toronto area, mostly for this reason:

So on the trip I brought my digital camera with me to keep myself entertained in the gridlock. I only took a few pics because you are supposed to be driving on a highway, not taking pictures. Since I didn't want to be rubberknecking bastard, or even worse a rubbernecking bastard with a camera, these pics were taken while I was standing still wasting gas.

Today's stress is brought to you by the following sign:

Nothing like reducing 5 lanes to 2 on a major atery like the 401 :roll:

Good workin fella's:

Mmm, Eight lanes of nothing moving:

I like farm roads better. Too bad there's none left in Toronto.

And why did I go through this hell you ask? To get a calculator. Yes you heard right, a calculator :shock: My TI-83+ SE crapped out and TI gave me a refurbished replacement for free. Better yet, when I got there they didn't have any refurbs left, so I got a brand new $200 calculator for free to replace my broken one which was 8 months out of warrenty. Not too bad. The downside, 250km of driving, 200km of which was gridlock.

This concludes this utterly useless and pointless thread :wink:

Matt 8)

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow, kinda forgot about this post for a while :roll:

I mean why as in why would you do that to yourself day after day. It's absolutely brutal. It's the #1 reason I hate Toronto and most things to do with it. I hope the desitination is well worth the journey.

Matt 8)

#6 ·
What choice is there when you have to go to work? In my case it's not that bad because of the times involved. I live in Pickering and if the job is in Mississauga I hate it but I can get from Port Union to say the airport in about a half hour, mainly because it's only 6:45 AM when I arrive. I usually leave at 3:30 so coming home it's pretty fast even though it's full up with cars. It stops dead at Brock rd but I live before that. I did work on the new terminal for several months last year, but I try to get jobs closer to me and sometimes East of me. My last one was at Leslie so that was cool. If I'm doing a shutdown at the Chrysler plant I'm getting alot of Double time so I take the 407 and that is real fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.