FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hear this strange rattle type sound coming from somewhere around the cams. it happens as soon as the car is started and stays the same no matter how hard I rev. My temp gauge has been reading near the H. so I pulled out the old Bosch +4s I had in there and put in NGK Iridium IXs. I also filled the radiator to brim with water and antifreeze. started it up and no change. I put the bosch spark plugs in about 4 months ago and they were mostly black with white at the tips. one had a little bit of oil around it. what could be the problem????

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no advance timing yet, I have had another tranny put in about 2 months ago. other than that just the plugs and a K&N air filter. I just recently converted from R12 refrigerant to the R134a stuff. could it possibly be my water pump? A while ago, I noticed the car would start reading Hot while at idle and when I started driving a good speed, it would go back down to normal. now it just stays on hot unless the car was just started. the rattling starts the minute I start the car. I haven't experienced any loss of performance or anything. just reading hot all the time and that damn rattling sound. possibly a lifter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.