FEOA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
weird thing. I put in an aftermarket CD player a month ago, used the Metra kit, all was well. Started blowing HOME 10A fuses because of a short in the wagon (97LX) rear hatch wiring. Took the radio out at first to be sure my wiring wasn't the culprit.

Fixed the wagon wiring, hooked the radio back up, and no go. Home fuse is good, radio (15A) fuse is good, have juice at the fuse box. No juice to the ignition on 12V+. I have backup power. For now, just to have a radio, I hooked my radio red and yellow up to backup, just have to remember to turn off the radio when I take out the key!

I don't even really care, but why would that circuit go dead all of a sudden? Anyone with a similar experience?


Thanks
67MB
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,053 Posts
anything else not working - horn, dash lights, power mirrors, etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, that's the weird thing. I have constant (+) to the radio, and everything else in the car is working. It's like the (+) wire to the radio just died, for no reason.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top