FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my blower was bad I replaced it and it blows fine, but now i am getting no heat even after driving for 6 miles, what could this be? all help is welcomed

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Check to ensure the cable from the heater selector switch is attached to allow hot air to pass into the cabin.

Quick check: does the slider switch move too freely?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
does the temp gauge rise at all? if no, replace thermostat. if it does, and you still dont get any heat, it may be your heater core.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PonyExpress said:
does the temp gauge rise at all? if no, replace thermostat. if it does, and you still dont get any heat, it may be your heater core.
i replaced the thermostat, no luck. the temp gage rises only to the frist mark on the normal scale,

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Grab the little knob on the slider switch that allows you to control how hot or cold you want the car. It moces back and forth. Now, stick you head under the steering wheel and look up and to the right . Watch for cable movement. Trace the cable back to where it's supposed to be affixed to the actuator plate. If it's not affixed, affix it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
climb under the passenger side dash and move the selector (Max AC/AC/Panel/Floor/Defrost-FloorDefrost) and you will see where it should attach to a white "disk" that will route the air from the blower through different channels in the car. There should be a little cable from the selector switch to this disk. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts