FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:oops: I was in Ottawa visiting the in laws when th erace occurred. I was watching it a bit while I was doing my reno work. But I didn't turn it on til after the 2 restarts(Verstappen's launch control) Were there any SC periods near the beginning? I saw MS light on fire in the pit, and JPM lose a BMW while leading, then watched the rest. Kimi did a good job again of holding 2nd and his points lead, and Alonso got points yet again! Some good scraps but to be honest I forget them all. If I were home, where there is Bell Expressvu, I could catch a rerun on Speed, but they have LookTV, who gets Speed blacked out during F1 races. For some reason, TSN did not have a rerun :evil: Fill me in.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:( Highlights being the operative word!!

Glad to see you back Brad. Was missing my F1 reporter-guru.
The race began as "Oh dear, what can de Matta be!" (sorry, been dying to do that!). Chaotic start resulted in a burnt steak & mushroom pie (Sunday lunch delayed yet again!) not to decry the antics of Ferrari attempting to toast their No. Uno driver. :(

Once Juan Pablo had departed prematurely, the race was really a procession - Kimi never really looked like catching MS. Rubens again had rotten luck in the pits (but if MS can recover, why not RB?).

Was about to award my 'man of the match' to Alonzo when he departed - still a great drive under difficult circumstances though.

After Webber's great 1st qualifying - disappointing to see him unable to carry through to 2nd., but at least he collected points. As a Jag fan I would be really pleased to see the team continue to improve.

All in all, not the greatest race of all time, but pretty exciting in patches.

Looking forward to the new Mac., then we shall see how good the new Ferrari really is. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts