FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so theoretical situation (i dont have NOS)

When would be the appropriate time in a race to use your NOS. I spose it would depend on the length of the race, but i'd assume as soon as you hit 2nd shoot it.. or maybe later.. thats why im asking :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
TitoElSpicco said:
Turbo cars generally shoot in first to spool the turbo up, NA cars spray anytime traction is available. :)
Zex kits usually won't allow you to shoot under a certain rpm, or in first gear.
Whateever you do...dont shoot it unless you are in high rpm. Nitrous is designed for WOT. Because of the combustibility of the gasolene/nitrous mixture...you cannot starve of air. So it needs to be shot at a high rpm. Honestly, there are only 3 gears you will use in a 1/4 mile race. 3rd gear goes far enough to get you to the end. Some kits out there lets you shoot multiple shots out of the tank. Some dont. The most effective method i've seen at the track is to shoot in high rpm on second gear and then finish it off once you shift into 3rd.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im thinking about adding a second stage to mine, but I havent just yet. Right now I spray in second gear and up from 4000 RPM to 6500 RPM. Im shifting at 7000 RPM or just over, I think my tach is just a tad off. With the slicks on, I launch pretty well now and I think Im going to try a first stage at launch with 35 HP or so with about the same RPM window. We'll see how much slip I get with that, then maybe I'll up it to 50HP or so at launch. I can get wider slicks, so the traction isnt my problem, its the halfshafts that worry me.

G

·
This comes from my racing day's...
Bottles are for babies...
I wouldn't recommend anyone using juice.It really isn't good for an engine.Not even those that are designed for juice.It eats your valves,valve guides & rings.
Just keep this in mind..If you want a race car.Build it..There's no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
printman31 said:
This comes from my racing day's...
Bottles are for babies...
I wouldn't recommend anyone using juice.It really isn't good for an engine.Not even those that are designed for juice.It eats your valves,valve guides & rings.
Just keep this in mind..If you want a race car.Build it..There's no replacement for displacement.
ehm... if it's built for juice and it's hurting your motor then you 1. are stupid 2. hooked it up wrong or 3. both of the above.

There is a replacement for displacement, it's called technology. However this only works to a certain ET.

Somebody with a 2G EGT shouldn't NEED to build their motor, they would just need to find teh right parts and the damn motor will hold upwards of 14 psi on stock internals IF TUNED RIGHT. If it can hold that, then it should be able to hold a nice 55 shot of nitrous, but again, I stress it will hold it reliably IF TUNED RIGHT.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have to agree James. If you install and use it properly your not going to damage anything. Just be smart, not greedy and use the product as it is intended to be used. Do some research and build it right. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
92gt5spd said:
Whateever you do...dont shoot it unless you are in high rpm. Nitrous is designed for WOT. Because of the combustibility of the gasolene/nitrous mixture...you cannot starve of air. So it needs to be shot at a high rpm. Honestly, there are only 3 gears you will use in a 1/4 mile race. 3rd gear goes far enough to get you to the end. Some kits out there lets you shoot multiple shots out of the tank. Some dont. The most effective method i've seen at the track is to shoot in high rpm on second gear and then finish it off once you shift into 3rd.
Nitrous kits on turbo cars are SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to spray from idle to ~3500rpm.

If you're N/A and run nitrous, you generally want to start spraying in second and hold the farking button down until you cross the line.

2.5 months goes by quickly, 'eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.