FEOA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 78 bronco, saved a lil cash and bought a 2007 ninja 250 4000 miles, all paperwork, 4000 miles, bought it from my co-worker's son-in-law who took super good care of it. I bugged him about it for a while and he finally decided to let it go for 2100$. I really want to rip off those horrible silver flame stickers and do a fender eliminator, and eventually throw an exhaust on it...All in time. 14$ a month for insurence and 60+ mpg...I love it!

and yes...I know it's just a 250.

ps- the red car is getting a tranny installed in my garage. I just have to put it back together.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
hehehe, looks familiar for some reason.

Looks great man, nice and clean!!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
shoulda got an 08.. much cooler looking lol.. ive looked at 250s for a while as a commuter but im broke :(. those things with exhaust sound like subbys at lower rpms. high rpms sound like crap lol

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
malone1453 said:
shoulda got an 08.. much cooler looking lol.. ive looked at 250s for a while as a commuter but im broke :(. those things with exhaust sound like subbys at lower rpms. high rpms sound like crap lol
even a used 08 with higher milage (20k) would have been at the cheapest 3000+ and they are usually pretty beat up. As much as I wanted the 'cool' new style....This one is better mechanically than any other one I saw for sale, I know the history of all 4000 miles, and 07 vs 08 isn't a big enough difference for me to spend twice as much. I thought about financing a new one, but I'd rather drop a 2k bike than a 5k bike. Plus I don't have to carry full coverage.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
can't believe u still had that bronco :lol: great buy

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jigsaw said:
can't believe u still had that bronco :lol: great buy
when I bought it-

when I sold it-

:( fun rig..I just don't have the time/money for 5 vehicles especially now with my son. Once he's old enough to go wheelin or I get into a house, I'll pick up another 4x4. prob something smaller and better on gas.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Nice bike!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
if you dont mind asnwering.. how much is insurance on that thing and what kind. just curious since im considering getting a bike soon

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
looks like fun. i really want a bike, but the biking season up here is so short and our roads suck balls. i wouldn't be able to get all that much riding out of it.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
malone1453 said:
if you dont mind asnwering.. how much is insurance on that thing and what kind. just curious since im considering getting a bike soon
no prob...
14$ a month....titan insurance broker, McGraw is the actual company.
23 year old- driving for 7 years, no bike experience, only have a permit. bike is owned by me, so just basic coverage, un-insured motorist etc, not full coverage. The bike was only 2100, full coverage is more expensive since I don't have experience.. I'd end up paying enough in a year to buy another damn 250!

milage was right at 70 mpg when I filled up the other day!

8) I wasn't expecting that the first time.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
wow 14 a month thats nothing. Is cali's insurance expensive? Im pretty sure NJ has the highest insurance costs in the country. buddy of mine bought an 08 gsxr 600 brand new last year and with full coverage he was payin i think around 1400 a year.
he since dropped it, insurance totaled it out, he bought it back for like a grand with a salvage title, and fixed it, he made like 2g off the insurance even after he fixed the bike. Then dropped to just liability which cut it down like 3/4

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's pretty standard, a little on the high side. 250s are uber cheap to insure, since it's such a small bike. The thing tops out at 105 or something....It's no superbike. lol The guy before me was paying 11$ a month...I'd just call around and get some quotes. I know I looked at a 500 and a 650 and they were a LOT more.. as in 45$ (500) and 70$ for the 650. this is just liability.

That said, this thing has plenty of power to get around in traffic. It is suppose to do mid 14s in the 1/4 mile, and hopping on the freeway and getting up to 85 is no problem at all. any more power right now and I'd kill myself and/or get in trouble.
-Justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts