FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i pull up next to this guy, and we're edgin forwards at the stoplight, and then we finally go, and i had him in first gear, then he kinda closed the gap in 2nd gear, and by the time we hit 80, my front bumper was just in front of his rear tire, and then he started to gain on me, and as always somebody stupid as hell pulls in front of me, and so i had to slam on my brakes, but once i got up to the next stoplight, i HAD to give him a thumbs up for the good run!!
now i can say i pretty much kept up with an SVT focus.... ALSO, i had 2 extra ppl in the car= extra 375 lbs and he was by himself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha james, yeah, it happens to me every time i race... no matter what lane i'm in.... all i've done to the car, is taken off the resonator on the intake and i capped it off. that's all. but i'm assuming our gear ratios are somewhat similar, and i was shifting at like 6400 rpms, and this guy was shifting earlier than i was. so yeah.... the way he was drivin, i probably coulda taken him if the car was empty.... because that extra near 400 lbs really does a number on this little 4 cyl. but i'm thinking of doing a basic port and polish job to make it just, smooth so it flows smoother, and also advancing the timing. not sure if i wanna pay for the higher octane fuel though. but then i wanna do a tune-up and run bosch platinums in that baby. or maybe i'll shell out the big bucks and run iridium plugs. prolly not though.... but as soon as i find a job, i'm going to definitely be on the prowl for a GTX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,924 Posts
How did you cap your resonator? I went looking around tonight and thought I could possibly shove the tube down, then it occurred to me that it should probably be capped. I really can't believe how much information there is on these cars. I smile everytime I get out of my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ThumpinGT said:
How did you cap your resonator? I went looking around tonight and thought I could possibly shove the tube down, then it occurred to me that it should probably be capped. I really can't believe how much information there is on these cars. I smile everytime I get out of my car.
the cap for a spray can fits very snug.... that's right, ghettos mods r us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,177 Posts
thescortgt said:
not sure if i wanna pay for the higher octane fuel though. but then i wanna do a tune-up and run bosch platinums in that baby.
Premium, here I live, is 12 cents more than regular.... Multiply that by 12 gallons, thats around an extra buck forty five per tank. For me, the power increase would be worth it. The new Shell V power is good stuff. I get few more miles out of my tank, and better low end torque under load when I run that stuff.

As far as spark plugs go, bosch platinums suck... I have them in my car now and wish I had gotten the regular Ford plugs... they're platinum too. I dont think the irridium plugs are worth it myself. If it were me, I would buy regular plugs, and use the saved money from not buying iridiums to buy a new set of Ford or Accel plug wires to go with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Josh_LX said:
If it were me, I would buy regular plugs, and use the saved money from not buying iridiums to buy a new set of Ford or Accel plug wires to go with them.
9mm?? i have 8mm wires on mine right now i believe. but i'm wondering how those splitfire plugs are.... anybody use them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
thescortgt, u should advance ur timing to 16 degrees, u get more power that way, theres a link somewhere around on how to do that but its easy u just turn distributor a little to advance it, but u have to run 91 octane gas or better or u will get pinging, but believe me i had it on mine and it makes a world of difference, and is a good mod to do if u have no cash....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BillyDaKid914 said:
thescortgt, u should advance ur timing to 16 degrees, u get more power that way, theres a link somewhere around on how to do that but its easy u just turn distributor a little to advance it, but u have to run 91 octane gas or better or u will get pinging, but believe me i had it on mine and it makes a world of difference, and is a good mod to do if u have no cash....
i'm gonna give it a tune-up before i do that.... i've been trying rto conserve my gas more lately, and you guys should be proud of me.... i've gotten my personal best, 33 mpg with my EGT..... cruise control @66mph whole way to school and back... plus i've only begun to tap the fat of my fuel mileage.... i still was revving it up to like 4500 rpms around the city (it's really hard not to though ya know?) plus that's with my radio blasting, heat/defroster/a/c goin alot of the time, and my uber bright foglamps suckin juice from the alternator (it was a whole new kind of squeel i heard when i first turned them on haha) every time i turn them on, the alternator chirps, and bogs things down lol so i'm gonna see how good i can do without the foglamps and maybe sucking a little less juice on the radio (yeah right) and kick down the use of the defroster a bit (if possible) if i start only going 60 also, i should be able to get like 35... we'll see though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Josh_LX said:
33... ouch 8O I could get 38-40 on the highway at 65. I have an LX too though....
yeah...... i got the GT, AND i drive like an @$$.... so that's pretty darn good lol
i used to get 13 city...... then i started doing more freeway driving so it jumped to 22, but i was still going 100 mph everywhere i went (seriously... surface streets too) and so, 65 feels so slow and relaxed now..... and plus paying for my own gas with all the driving i do, on limited funds with no job, YEAH..... i need to get the most out of my money because my funds are quickly diminishing. i'm gonna have to get a job here soon, because after i get this new hood, i'm gonna be $100 poorer :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,792 Posts
Josh_LX said:
SVT's make 170 Hp.... Thats a good Job for the EGT. Nice work. I wonder if you could have taken him if you had an empty car?
Focus SVT's are slow. I lined up next to one at the track. Guy was a little cocky and then ran a 16ish second quarter mile. That car dose not impress me at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Onegimp said:
Josh_LX said:
SVT's make 170 Hp.... Thats a good Job for the EGT. Nice work. I wonder if you could have taken him if you had an empty car?
Focus SVT's are slow. I lined up next to one at the track. Guy was a little cocky and then ran a 16ish second quarter mile. That car dose not impress me at all.
lol they're faster than a new Si.... you sure it wasn't just a modded ZX3??? i see that alot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,792 Posts
thescortgt said:
Onegimp said:
Josh_LX said:
SVT's make 170 Hp.... Thats a good Job for the EGT. Nice work. I wonder if you could have taken him if you had an empty car?
Focus SVT's are slow. I lined up next to one at the track. Guy was a little cocky and then ran a 16ish second quarter mile. That car dose not impress me at all.
lol they're faster than a new Si.... you sure it wasn't just a modded ZX3??? i see that alot
Nope was a SVT. SI are over rated also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Onegimp said:
thescortgt said:
Onegimp said:
Josh_LX said:
SVT's make 170 Hp.... Thats a good Job for the EGT. Nice work. I wonder if you could have taken him if you had an empty car?
Focus SVT's are slow. I lined up next to one at the track. Guy was a little cocky and then ran a 16ish second quarter mile. That car dose not impress me at all.
lol they're faster than a new Si.... you sure it wasn't just a modded ZX3??? i see that alot
Nope was a SVT. SI are over rated also.
hang on a sec.... your car is turbocharged??? do i sense a GTX swap? and you're telling me stock cars with basic N/A modifications aren't fast??? is there something wrong here????? SVT's and Si's aren't nearly as overrated as stock 2 gen EGTS are.... not sure if you noticed that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,915 Posts
Onegimp said:
thescortgt said:
Onegimp said:
Josh_LX said:
SVT's make 170 Hp.... Thats a good Job for the EGT. Nice work. I wonder if you could have taken him if you had an empty car?
Focus SVT's are slow. I lined up next to one at the track. Guy was a little cocky and then ran a 16ish second quarter mile. That car dose not impress me at all.
lol they're faster than a new Si.... you sure it wasn't just a modded ZX3??? i see that alot
Nope was a SVT. SI are over rated also.
Bah. They're BOTH mid to high 15 second cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Onegimp said:
thescortgt said:
hang on a sec.... your car is turbocharged??? do i sense a GTX swap?

James92Scort said:
Bah. They're BOTH mid to high 15 second cars.
Only if you are a decent driver. Other wise they are 16 second monsters.
escorts are only 16 second cars if you're a decent driver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,915 Posts
Onegimp said:
thescortgt said:
hang on a sec.... your car is turbocharged??? do i sense a GTX swap?

James92Scort said:
Bah. They're BOTH mid to high 15 second cars.
Only if you are a decent driver. Other wise they are 16 second monsters.
As opposed to your car of choice, a badass 17 second street terror. :p

I've never seen an Si or SVT not get at least 15s, but I don't know many 16 and 17 year olds with daddy's wallet either.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top