FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for 91-96 lx´s only.
I´am about 97% sure that this will work, I have mesured bolted and test fitted every thing I could.
Heres some pics http://www.intergate.com/~ttool/swap.html

This clutch is much larger as you can see in the pic´s.
But the SPI flywheel is a little heavyer than a stock 1.9, so I suggest getting it lightend.
This will only work only with:
97+ SPI flywheel (will fit 1.9 or 2.0)
97+ SPI pressure plate
91-96 lx tranny
91-96 Throw out bearing (close fit)
90-99 Turbo Eclipse 2.0 clutch disc

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I thought there were some rather dire predictions about the 2.0 flywheel fitting into the 1.9L bellhousing. If it works then I'm all for it since in theory the SPI clutch/pressure plate could hold more power then out measly little ones.

Also, your link no worky worky. :wink:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Yeah that's what I thought. What about the possibility of using the zx2 tranny and said setup Jeff? We know that the tranny swap itself can be done but what about the clutch/pressure plate/fly setup on that?

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drivinonthinice said:
Yeah that's what I thought. What about the possibility of using the zx2 tranny and said setup Jeff? We know that the tranny swap itself can be done but what about the clutch/pressure plate/fly setup on that?
In that case, you would just use the 2.0 flywheel, clutch disc and pressure plate.

The Eclipse Clutch Disc shaft size only matches the 1.9 tranny main shaft and not the 2.0 tranny main shaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That would be awesome if it could be done. Make sure to read up on and ask questions before you actually go ahead and do it. Changing different clutch plates, flywheels, and pressure plates can damage a wide variety of components. If you just left the regular tranny from an LX and running a larger clutch, then you could end up damaging tranny gears, bearings, you name it. Try asking Ford techs or even seeing if there are any Tech Bulletins that you could read before you decide to do anything. Otherwise, you might end up at least buying a new tranny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts