FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you guys saw my bone yard intake. well I worked on it for like 4 hours cleaning it in and out, man now that took a little(LOTS) elbo work.

Check it out the first couple pics are the before, the rest are the after.
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=347124&page=5
Nice and shiny now.

POLE
1. Should I keep it chrome/shiny a.k.a. asis
2. Paint it Dupli-color Metalcast metalic blue

JustinGT :twisted:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think you should leave it as is and add blue highlights to the engine. For example, leave the intake manifold, valve cover, and generally the entire block nice and shiney silver, but get things like blue plug wires, oil cap, wire covers, and the like, just to give it a good accent.

Another benefit in leaving much of the engine light colored and silvery is the optical illusion aspect. Lighter colored/semi-reflective surfaces make objects look bigger than they actually are, and they'll generally stand out more than darker objects.

Just my two cents. :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got back from Focur rims (Performance shop) and got some prices and I desided to keep the intake shiney instead of metalic bule. I picked up an adapter and cone filter. I am going to order some coil-overs tomarrow (200 cdn). and I can get the CTA ( made by another company) intake system, it's the same one that cta sells, but I can get it for 120 bucks, sweet. adn I can get a front strut bar for 60. I can't wait to bolt all this stuff on. hehe. I love it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The strut bar is a reactive bar and the coil-overs are good ones, i don't have the name of them right now but i will tomarrow. any i know the guy so he is selling them for not much over cost.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
And Siragan : I am not interested in speed that much....you can't go very fast on the streets...there are cops everywhere...and neways...if i'd want to go fast hehe i'd buy a motorcycle..not a car !!! :)

i want a LOWRIDER :) and i need better handling....since you have a wagon too...you can feel this need don't you hehe ?...i hate tigh turns :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.