FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
alright, you two... take it to springer...

concerning the new IAC though...

did you buy one new from mazda or something? Cause I have a weird problem where my idle drops to around 1000, then down to 500, then oscillates. I heard that the problem was either the ignition module or the iac and I was wondering exactly what the iac fixed...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That kind of sounds like what mine was doing when I had to replace my tps. Right after I fixed that my idle wouldn't drop below 1100-13 or 1400 rpm and I had no vac. leaks or anything else to be found wrong. So a ford mech. told me I needed the new iac. I had cleaned it but, I didn't change anything. Then a friend of a friend got me one . I had to go through Mazda, to get the gasket. Ford doesn't offer them anymore. Put it in this morning and everything is right again. Now I need an intake and exhaust system. Any suggestions on getting it up to about 175 hp or so are welcome, I need to start forming a plan. what kind of gain will I see with an intake and exhaust system?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.