FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all I have heard is that you can put a 97 2.0 spi. In the spot of a 95 1.9 and it will mount up.
I thougt there were other option. Like a ford probe motor or a mazada motor. Because i am looking for a nother motor to put in my 95 wagon.Please help with options.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
Yes you can use a Mazda motor, 1.8 BP, GXT, GTR, KLZE....
But the SPI is the only motor you can swap with out needing a different tranny, axcels, computer/wiring harness...donor car.
Keep on searching, the info is out there.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the mazda BP motors (like the ones in the 2nd gen EGTs, GTRs) use different engine mounting points entirely than the ford CVH?... and don't the mazda K series engines (V6s in Probes, MX-3s, MX-6s) use different mounting points than the BPs?

I hope I'm miss-informed, because I wouldn't mind dropping a K series into my wagon either... especially the 200hp J-spec variety.

Anyone know anything about the 2 litre K motor? (what vehicle it was in, HP, strength?) I've seen a few on eBay...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
yeah!

there is at least one member on erdt is running the lzle v6 motor, and he is going to turbo it!

i knwo the motor mounts and location on the lower engine mounts for a zx2 and a gt are the same! but yeah the 2.0 spi will go in easier since its the same block, the other motors have diffretn wiring and trannies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts