FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: 93 scort wagon some mods ,got a center force clutch installed by a backyard mechanic, car started b4 clutch install went to pick the car up from him and sounded like the engine was locked up he said when he opened the tranny no fluid was in it. could i have locked up the gears ???
or is this mechanic a putz ?

· Registered
7,483 Posts
why did he open up the tranny if the car wouldnt start? If he installed the clutch properly, it should at least turn over. If your car ran when you dropped it off, and doesnt run now when you went to pick it up, you need to do some serious bitching.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
help gotta get my smurf back on the road

well everything was hooked back up properly {battery and such}but as far as the engine turning i get nothing but a click if i crank it for a sec the starter starts schmokin took the starter out cranked it and it worked fine maybe it could've been the wrong clutch ? when i compared the two they did vary about an inch or so in diameter????????????help gotta get my smurf back on the road

· Registered
4,085 Posts
dude.. why did you even dare to try having someone put in something as crucial as a clutch when it was nothing like the old one, off by an INCH is serious.

and why this mechanic didnt stop and say "hold up, this isnt the right clutch." is beyond me.

also, if there was no fluid in the tranny, you would have noticed. there would have been puddles for days before it went dry, it would grind nearly every gear, make all sorts of noise and smoke.. plus you dont "open" the trans for that..

and again, even IF the tranny was completely seized, the clutch, assuming its the right one, which i dont think in your case it is, would still operate hydraulically independant of the tranny gears, and the engine would still turn over nice and strong.

this guy either made some serious mistake and doesnt want you to know about it (hope he's not related) or that clutch is totally not for your engine/tranny and the mech had no business even putting it in there.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the clutch was bought from my local speed shop and as far as the machanic is concerned he seemed pretty knowledgeable??? but if it is the wrong clutch you think it would still turn over ?oh and btw is that the fluid i was getting by the [email protected]#!!!!that happened a while b4 the clutch went south....

· Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Fluid near the pedal was probably fluid from the clutch master cylinder leaking. If that happened right about when your clutch "went out", it was probably just the master cylinder and not even the clutch itself.

· Registered
4,085 Posts
if the clutch disc was too big it would bind against the pressure plate and may not allow the engine to rotate properly.

i dunno, i mean, if it ran when it went in, and someone did something to it, and now it doesnt work, guess what must have happened.

someone did something at some point during the repair process to mess it up.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well when the old clutch came out is was visibly worn... i mean down to the rivits worn, flywheel was shot as well. maybe i should just buy an auto..no not an option!!!!!! thanx for the help neway it is appreciated

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no cash + no start= sad me

:x still nuthing i need to get this car on the road pronto butdont have the cash to take it to a shop anyone in the lehigh valley plzzzzzzzzz help i will pick u up and treat you for lunch [probly only value menu at mcd's]just help me :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.