FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i bought one of these actaully its this exact link....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2467896687

anyway i got it and took it to my friendly muffler shop, they told me its illegal blah blah blha (i didnt know that untill now) so i took it to a car friend of mine who does his own welding and he said it wont fit and that itll only fit the GT.
Now in the desciption it says gt/lx so.....wtf is up? Do i send it back or can i get it to go on? Please any help on this would be spectacular! Thanx ahead of time.

edit: Could it be the header?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well...this is a high-flow Race cat...its not intended for street use...and they cant install these kind of things at the muffler shop because if they get caught...they'll have to pay a 10 000$ fine (for the first time and way up after)...

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Electronikal said:
Well...this is a high-flow Race cat...its not intended for street use...and they cant install these kind of things at the muffler shop because if they get caught...they'll have to pay a 10 000$ fine (for the first time and way up after)...
that and in some states/counties with a hi-flow cat, you can't pass e-check (not to mention the noise pollution). that's why when my friends put on their exhaust systems, they went to a custom exhaust shop and had them make a hi-flow cat instead of buying one from the net.
i hope it all works out for ya man!

·
Registered
365 Posts
same

when i first started messing w/ my scort i got the muffler shop to bend me 2.25" pipies and asked them to yank my cat out...guess what they did?.....thing is i lost low end torque and my scort sounded like a pissed-off bumble bee or a wheed whacker on crack.... now i got a catco 2.5" cat to compensate w/ the flow and at the same time w/ the e-check and the sound.... anyway it sucks though...bring it to st. louis(if you will) and i will talk to my guy....good luck....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
re

see now there we go exacly what i wanted to here....cuz the header is much longer than stock it would reach to the new cat. Then have it bolted/welded on and when smog comes up all i have to do is unbolt the header and strap on the old stuff. I just wanted someone else to say that this is possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.