FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well I know you can change the headlights bulbs to those hid/xenon's but anyone know how to get them for the corners? I have clears and the yellowish regular bulb tint to it looks bfugly. I know someone who has those kinda bulbs all around and what he did was shave the progs on the bulbs to fit in the slots. Is this a good idea or can you actually get these types of bulbs to fit in there. Any help would be sweet nipples

·
Registered
750 Posts
just go to Autozone/Advance auto. And buuy the Icy Blue bulbs. Those are the hyper white, thats all i can really say to do. However i do not reccomend those bulbs in the tail lights, they are much darker then the regular bulbs, making them harder to see during the day. Yet brighter when you hit the brakes, so its up to you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But i donty think they make them for our corners just for the heads thats why i was seein if shvin down the prongs would be ok?

·
Registered
750 Posts
they make them for all the sizes of bulbs. Like i have 3157 i think for the rears, and 3057 for the front...and i had them for all the bulbs, just didnt liek the way it looked with the orange lenses.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Step 1) Buy chrome spray paint (bumper chrome, etc), 2 or 4 spare amber bulbs and some rubber gloves
Step 2) Remove amber bulbs from housings on car and new ones from packaging... clean them quickly with glass cleaner.
Step 3) Go outside
Step 4) Spray some of the paint and then wave a bulb through the vapor.. repeat until bulb looks silver, but still has small amber specs all over.. repeat for all bulbs
Step 5) Let bulbs dry
Step 6) Store the extra bulbs where you can find them, and replace the current bulbs.
Step 7) Look at your car.. the amber is gone, but the lights are still legal. Amber light looks more diffused coming from the corners, but full brightness.. kinda neat.

I did this last spring.. still looks great... and no, the bulbs won't burn up because you've painted them.

There is also a brand of bulbs made in europe that have a silver coating.

·
Registered
750 Posts
heres your 1156
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/EUR1156

so they do make all these bulbs, but i think the Silverstar bulbs are best. They look hyperwhite and light up orange...

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/sssignal.htm

but they say amber is legal, well so is white, no other colors though. But all this works, or you could even go to NOPI and their ecat has a load of lights to pick from. Its your choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts