FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the battery as the car sat all winter, and it was an old battery, the volt reading is 12.6. My issue is i appear to only be getting power to my lights (hi/lo beams, hazard and interior, but not the turn signals), door jam sensor and that is it, i did a quick once over the fuses, as i am to get ready for work, and the fuses all look fine. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas as to what the problem might be?

· Registered
229 Posts
corroded wires? bulbs?

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Does the starter solenoid click when attempted to start or nothing at all? Ensure good, clean, tight connections. The negative wire where is goes to the firewall is a typical place of corrosion/high resistance.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I left it for work I had nothing working other than the lights. I am wondering if my ignition switch went bad over the winter, I will be testing all I can think of tomorrow and let you guys know what the deal is.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have it narrowed down to either the ignition switch itself, or the wires leading to and from the switch, seeing as i couldn't find any indication as which wire is for what on the switch i didn't completely test it yet

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK i know it has been a while since i posted about this topic but i still have this problem, my headlights, interior lights, and 4 way flashers work normally. My issue is i have tested the battery and it is 12.4 volts.
The resistance in the wires leading to and from the ignition switch seems good (0.2ohms).
The black/orange wires leading to the ignition switch are carrying 11.8 volts, and the voltage drop across the switch is 11.8 volts.
As it stands right now i am out of ideas other than the EEC module, which i will be testing later tomorrow after i print of the connector diagrams tomorrow

Any other advice would be wonderful, as i am at my wits end on this, oh and all the fuses are good

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright i finally got this solved, i removed my engine compartment fuse box and one of the wires for fuse 4 was so corroded that it separated from the connector, I just thought i would let you guys know just in case someone else has this issue

· Registered
229 Posts
quick soldering would fix it i hope

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.