FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone!!!! i just met joe yesturday from here... he lives about 40 min. from me... he has a body kit for sale and i managed to get only the front bumper from him.... i will get the sides as soon as i get my 4 door hatch.... joe has a sweet 99 sedan and i am going to help him with some of his mods.... well, here is the pic of my scort with the bumper on.... i quickly mounted it up last night and drove around town to see if it was going to work and i am getting alot of thumbs up around here....

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
wing+scoop=ricer

Just sayin bro,

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new bumper

i am sorry that u guys do not like it and u think its rice, but know this.... ONE, i do not slam anybodys project, and TWO, this is the most different scort on here just like some of the others on here.... well, i am sorry that i can not please everyone but i love my ride and alot of hondas r going to get their doors blown off!!!!!! bansai!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
now diablo as im not a huge fan of the wing myself i comend your for your originality. its nice to see fresh ideas being brought to the table. there will always be haters out there who dont like what they see. but keep doing what you do and if you like it its all that matters

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
That wing is just slowing you down, it does nothing on a front wheel drive car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not hatin', by the way. I like the front bumper, and the rest of the kit will surely complement that. The wing, on the other hand, is a little tall for my taste. I think if the uprights were shortened to where the winglets on the sides touch, or almost touch, the decklid, it would look a little tidier. A paint job would make things better looking.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I commend anyone that does the work themselves. As long as you like what was done/what you did that is all the matters as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
that front bumper does look good, I admit that. I just would go naked on that rear and maybe lose the scoop unless it's functional

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yea, you gotta work what you got! Haters Hate...

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
I like the bumper. Some people have said that it is played out because it is one of only a few available for the sedan. But it is still a nice bumper, not too agressive, and not too plain jane.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
outside mods

Thanks dave and all that have an open mind to all projects.... i just happened that joe had the bumper and we made a deal.... i would have still run the other one but i was too tempted.... well, i have an update.... i drove my scort from my house here in antioch, to the disneyland area.... i am pleased to say that my mileage was great at 38 and i got a few looks from the ricers down there.... i was more focused on my daughters gymnastics meet because she worked hard to get to the regional meet.... the MS worked like well and never had to worry... here is a pic from the trip, this was on one of my fuel stops....

·
Registered
796 Posts
please remove that spoiler

·
Lower it.
361 Posts
Re: outside mods

diabloscort said:
i am going to put my GT spoiler on.... try it out for awhile....
I'd like to see pics of that.

Does that scoop have a purpose? Functional at all? Or just glued to the hood.. :/

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes it is functional but not like the subaru...... the air comes in and blows over the upper intake and TB, making the intake charge a little more cooler... my next thing to do with this is to get a 03 imprezza hood and blend it in with my hood to make it look better.... i DO NOT like the way it is now but at the time i installed it, it was all i can do..... the scort so far looks pretty good but i still need to refine my look, i will change a little here and there til i get it the way i want it.... so far this project of mine has been fun and to turn as many heads as i seen so far is pretty cool.... the honda boys out here do not like it (maybe they see this as a threat), wait, some of the honda boys like it but most do not.... i say to them that i am trying something different.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts