FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting reverse indiglo gauges for my 98 scort, but I don't think the white needles will look very good with them during the day. I don't mind the orange light at night. Is it possible that I could paint my needles like a light yellow or orange color, and still have them light up at night?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yep. The coloring is on the backside of the needle, and can be repainted to whatever you want. However, when you pop out the needle, you have to make sure that you get it EXACTLY the way it was before, or your gauges won't read accurately.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
siragan said:
Yep. The coloring is on the backside of the needle, and can be repainted to whatever you want. However, when you pop out the needle, you have to make sure that you get it EXACTLY the way it was before, or your gauges won't read accurately.
Are these free moving needles like on the focus? Or will the pin stay put when I take the needle off? Basically what I'm saying is, as long as I put the needle back in the same position, will it stay accurate?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
siragan said:
How do I pop the needles off anyway?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Project98lx said:
siragan said:
Are these free moving needles like on the focus? Or will the pin stay put when I take the needle off? Basically what I'm saying is, as long as I put the needle back in the same position, will it stay accurate?
they'll move, and as mp3 said, take a fork, stick it behind the gauge and pull...

I don't know how many times I repulled the needles on my GT after i put on my indiglow gauges... what a PITA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts