FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped the guages into my car tonight and the tach no work and the fuel and temp guages dont work either. and I have no lights on it either. everything else works.. check engine and so forth... But none of them others do. I know there is a card on top of the guage cluster that is removable and I supposed to swap that too??? Oh dont tell me to put my old set back in, I dont have it any more...

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Maybe it's the year. My 93 was delivered with 95 guages(used car lot = :evil2: ) and I had similar symptoms. The tach did work, but lots of warning lights did not, and the shoulder belts wouldn't retract unless the parking brake was on. I fixed it by spending 3 days inside the dash testing out all the wires and relocating all the wires in those 3 plugs to get everything to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wiring is different. I am about to do this same swap in my 91 ELX I have a wiring diagram for the dash and a cluster outta a tach equipped car. i may start on this swap later tonight.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I switched back, to my original dash. any how, my guages are muffed, they think they need to read the black area instead of the actual placement for them, I got to get them calibrated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts