FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got a stage 1 clutch and had a friend help me remove transmission, long story short he was underneath while i was up top and he (like an idiot) just piled up all the bolts washers and nuts together in a big pile then left me high and dry with no way of knowing hpw it goes back together, now im doing it myself and im by no means a mechanic!! can you guys give me any help on what bolts go where? im talking he pulled off two motor ounts underneath, i pulled the one holding up the transmission. the cross members underneath looks like he took two of them off? and right now i just put in new pilot bearing, got alignment tool and clutch plate onto flywheel then slid on the pressure plate but not sure what bolts are the right ones to tighten up the pressure plate? are they the small black bolts with the lock washers on them? they seem to be the only ones i can find that have the same amount as the pressure plate will hold. and what about the studs the pressure plate is sitting on? do those just take any kind of nuts or do they need lock washers as well? PLEASE HELP THIS IS MY ONLY VEHICLE AND I NEED TO GO TO WORK. my dickhead freind assured me we could do it in a day and now he wont answer my calls and im on day 3 of not being able to find any info on how to get it back together. i will try to post pics of where im at with it and what i need help with

·
Super Moderator
10,552 Posts
I had that kind of problem each time I took out a transmission, automatic or manual. For the pressure plate, use the ones that you have as many of as there are holes in the pressure plate. For the bell housing, start with the longest bolts and see if they fit okay into the bolt holes on the top of the bell housing, and make sure each bolt with fit into a hole with about half an inch to 5/8ths inch sticking out - before you thread them back in.
You should use a torque wrench for any bolt that goes into the pressure plate. The torque spec for the pressure plate bolts is 13-20 ft-lbs. And you need to tighten the pressure plate bolts little by little, going around the circle, so the pressure plate is pulled down evenly onto the flywheel. I hope they sent you a clutch centering tool, usually made of black plastic. Makes getting the trans slid back into the pilot bearing much easier.

·
Registered
769 Posts
would be far easier to help if you were to lay out all the bolts you have onto a flat surface and take a pic so we can see all of them and know what you are working with. This way we can point at the actual bolt and tell you where it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts