FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
use a dinner fork behind them to help pull without breaking things.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
which gauge faces do you have? Most newer ones fit over the stock needle base. If you have the older style, use a spoon on either side, and pry the needle upwards. Just make SURE that you mark where the needle was, and put it back in the exact same place.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took pictures of the before gauges. I'm not sure if the faces I have now are big enough ti fit over the needle. If they are then I'll just cut the old ones off. The fork tip is really good too. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I used a panel pry tool for door panels. I laid several layers of paper towels down to pry against. I found this to be the easiest way to remove the needles without damage to them or gauge. Just carefully mark position of needles; the tach and speedo I removed the stopping pins and let them relax and then marked their position. Also the coolant and fuel gauges seem to like to change position depending on if key on or off. I had to carefully reposition the needles while cluster was in car because I was running out of time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
kunar said:
use a dinner fork behind them to help pull without breaking things.
+1
I just did this yesterday. The dinner fork put just enough pressure to pop them off. The only one i struggled with was the speedo. Be carfull when doing so. I ended up shooting it across my garage and into the trunk. Took me 1hr to find the damn thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts