FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i wrote the thing on the CV change in a pervious post, well we still cant get the boot/cup end out of the trans. i mean the axle is out but the boot with the splines and ect on the end is still stuck we have tried everything, we think that the retaining pin has swolen and got it stuck it wont budge. ANY IDEAS i need some help.... loosin hope :cry:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sometimes you can go in from the other side which means removing the other axle. Once you can see in the lock ring on the spline may need to be moved by using a small screwdriver. Sometimes the ring falls to far down and gets jammed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The best way to use that method is to rent an inner tie replacement socket. Put that on an extension and bang the crap out of it. (The reason for the socket is because it is a split end tool that fits around the shaft inside of the transaxle) Make sure to not fully remove both axles at the same time, you will need to get it loose then put the new axle in the other side. Otherwise you will be sending out the transmission for repairs.

I reccomend getting a 4ft prybar and a 10inch+ cold punch or chisel. Have one guy pry with the prybar on one side of the axle while you work it out with the punch or chisel. I've never seen this method fail. A guy at a tranny shop taught it to me, and he said that's how all the pros do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts