FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can not seem to find the little clip that holds the seedo cable in the speedo gear anyone know where to find one? ford said they are not maked anymore and there are none available

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Dont' guess I've been into one of those for bout 20 years but those that I have worked on used a C clip to hold the gear on.

Most True Value or Ace hardware stores have a hardware isle and they sell different sizes of C clips etc.

Just a thought

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
you don't need it. I have gone without that clip on my blue car for many year, and the cable has never popped out. If you really want one though, just hit a junk yard.

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
I would go into a hardware store that had the boxes of Dorman small parts in a rack somewhere. There should be one for 'clevis pins', or similar items. I recall thats what that pin was shaped like on my 92 with automatic tranny.

·
Registered
111 Posts
junk yard`s gonna take the guess work out of finding the right size at the hardware store.just be real ginger taking the clip off at the jy `cause they break easily if you try and reef on them.i broke mine on my`93 and man was i pissed.of course,like dave said i drive mine for many,many miles after that without the clip on there and the cable never came out ,so i`d say you`ve got plenty of time to fix it without having to worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.