FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The A/C clutch is not spinning, I checked the CCRM and all solder looks fine. I really need a wiring diagram for the A/C system cause the IDIOT who had the car before me jerry-rigged some sort of relay with wires coming from I have no idea where, some of them are even old speaker wire coming from the passanger side fire wall to the relay by the drivers headlight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You can get a Ford wire book from Ebay for a very resonable price. It is likely that the system is just low on refrigerent.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,070 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE

Recharged system, clutch works, still no cold air. Turned off car and heard a hiss. One of the hoses going to the can lookin thing in front of the radiator is leaking, gonna tighten and re-post.

Thx for the link, will help alot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE AGAIN

Fixed leak, still no cold air, but holds charge and clutch spins.

Still working the mystery relay setup. Has a wire goin to low press switch, a GN/BK which is supposed to go from press switch to PCM, and a BK/Y wire which I can't figure out, and right next to it is a white/grey wire connected to a green/red wire, what the heck did this guy do?

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,070 Posts
If the system is full and the compressor is running but you have no cold air then something else is wrong. The orphus tube could be clogged or the compressor is shot. It could also be that the climate cable is disconnected but then you would not be able to adjust the temp at all.

Here is a better schematic. The one I scanned on the other page doesn't show everything.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Since you had a leak, it sounds like the system is compromised. It'll need to be vacuumed down to remove the moisture from the system before you recharge it. The compressor doesn't compress air, only R-134a. Replace the orafice tube as well.

Is your car a 98 or very early 99 model? That wiring may be the late model PCM swap.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,070 Posts
His sig says its an 03.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I don't know what is goin on with the wires, but I disconnected the battery for a few min, started her up, put some more refrigerant in it and it started workin... =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.