FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scrapping my EGT due to a lack of space and a planned need to move a few weeks ago when all of a sudden, a lightning bolt struck me dead square between the eyes. Somewhere in there was a command to finish my project 'scort, a 91 GT, so I'm obeying it. The motor for it is a completely redone 1.8 small crank EGT unit. The lighning bolt musta been right, cause soon after that I had an offer on my truck, my dirtbike sold, the mortgage got turned down and the house quote came back at 3 times my budget, and the guy at the local pizza shop says "eh paaakaaaahhh, eye got a cah for yew!" translation: yo, my 91 egt automatic blew the tranny and if you want it, gimme a hundred bucks. I'm swapping this motor into my EGT, and want to pop a turbo on the other while it's out. Hell, it's been behind my couch for almost two years.

So how good are the JGS tools manifold kits? At $250, it looks like it's somewhere betwen a Larsen Manifold and a box of lucky charms. What end of that range it's closer to is beyond me. I'd like to use the t-3 as there are a ton of them available, and finding a vj-20 for the corksport manifold is a pain in the arse. Just not feeling the $400 and up for the Larsen unit. Has anyone used these before? I'd like to know what the fit and finish is of the manifold kit as received, pictures if possible, how long you think they'll last, and if there are any other options out there for a t-3 to a 'scort 1.8. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
maybe this post is late ,better than never ,eh.

well anyway .
i have this manifold on my 1.6l miata.
it is simply a Log Style Manifold made with Weld El's.
the condtruction and welding are beautiful.
the nice patr about the manifold,is it lets you use whatever turbo flange you want ,and lets you place it wherever you want,also gives the optoin of internal or external wastegate.

downside ,if you cant weld,you need to find someone who can.manifold does not come completely finished. on the other hand it cost alot less than a full custom .

i paid the $250 for the manifold,and $50 to have an exhaust shop weld it together.
i actually went and port matched it,and cleaned up any weldspots from the exhaust guy.
works great maintains pressure nice solid piece. a little heavy though.
well worth it.

check my homepage for a pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts