FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://tinyurl.com/nwyj7o

Anyone used one of these, I'm taking the car in for other welding (rocker panel replacement-->rust) and the guy offered to weld in a new muffler, before the current one goes to swiss cheese.. I'm trying to avoid the "Ricer Racer" sound..

I don't think a '94 wagon "needs" a $150 Bosal lifetime muffler.. Most would say the car has already had a lifetime at 150k miles...

I replaced the engine, after the original engine ate a valve seal on a 75 mile drive down the expressway with SWMBO.. I was able to get an engine from a kid down the street who's car was rear-ended by someone on a cell phone (the car was PARKED!).. I'd heard the car run for years, and knew he'd had no problems.. I sold parts off it (automatic tranny, catalytic, etc) and ended up making money on the engine. :)

Now-- I just need to keep the rust monster at bay.. :)

Anyway--

Anyone know of a decent "cheap" muffler for the wagon??

...or have I already found it.. (I'm thinking I have..)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I purchased the complete stock cat back system including the muffler on EBay for $150 + $20 shipping. It was made by American Pipe. Not stainless of anything fancy but at that price for a daily driver it is just what I needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts