FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 ford excort zx2 manual 5 speed transmission. That's all I know. I am not car savy, and by no means undstand common lingo. 1st gen this and 2nd gen that mean nothing to me. All I want to know is, I want insane acceleration and decent top speeds. Should I "upgrade" my motor size? Can I even put a bigger engine in? Should I stick with the engine in it and just mod? Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just "Check this website" I am still appreciative.

Dustin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you for real? Or just messing with the n00b? I am really interested in this (not NO2 or turbo inperticualy, but improving acceleration and top speed). I don't have a fortune to spend (or I would just buy the damn Maserati I have droolin about) but I do have my funds. :)

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
if you dont have alot of money, then forget about it. goign fast takes wicked amounts of cash.. if you dont want to spend more than a grand or two, then just be happy with what you have and buy cheaper "bolt-on" mods like intakes and mufflers and crap.

i spent over $1200 in my car to make it go 1.5 seconds faster in the quarter, was it worth it for goig fast? HELL NO, was it fun and did i learn alot? HELL YES.

tell us what your budget is and then we can talk. and if youre not going to do any of the work yourself, double to triple the amount you spend to get it put on and working right.

experienced labor isnt cheap, i personally wont touch any motor swap for less than $400. not even a 1.9->2.0 SPI swap. ( i might give discounts to friends), but to give you an idea..

the only way to get what youre asking is either a Jackson Racing Supercharger for about $3000, a turbo kit for about $2000, all motor high compression rebuild for about $1500-2000, or 100shot of nitrous which will require a rebuild with stronger parts, about $2000.

you COULD put your own custom turbo kit together with used parts adn junk yard peices for about half what i quoted you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all your help. So, overall I can put as much money as I want to into this "project". Let's take a vote.

type:
1 for new better engine
2 for bolt on mods.

For your votes I would like a description of why you voted the way you did. (If for nothing else, this will help you to pass the time ;) ) lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all your help. So, overall I can put as much money as I want to into this "project". Let's take a vote.

type:
1 for new better engine
2 for bolt on mods.

For your votes I would like a description of why you voted the way you did. (If for nothing else, this will help you to pass the time ;) ) lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.