FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm thinkin' this out in my head, and i'm 95% sure the SHO intake mani. will be bumping the hood.. i mean, it is enormous..

and i have two words on the difference between the klze and the yamaha engines.. torque curve. yamaha's make more torque from 2500-7000rpm than the klze makes at it's peak - you have to rev a klze like a 4banger to get any power out of it. :)

which engine has the biggest aftermarket? easy - the klze. which one makes power easier? probably the yamaha - bigger displacement - better overall design. which one makes more power cheaper? klze. :) hands down.

edit - 500th post. holla

· Registered
1,079 Posts
1. The intake on the SHO is one of the nicest intakes every created for any engine ever. Period.

2. From SHOtimes.com "Because the engine is not boosted, it runs cooler. It supplies a smooth flow of power right up to 7300 rpm. At this point, a rev limiter starts cutting out cylinders to hold the rpms steady at 7300. This technique for preventing over-revving is the result of Ford's Formula 1 racing experience. This rev limiter is not designed to protect the engine, but to protect accessory drive components. The engine itself has been tested at rpm's greater than 8500." - The engine makes power well past 9k rpm, but it starts blowing accessory components.

3. Yes, the klze revs that high because it makes power like a 4banger. It has to rev that high. :) I love both engines, but the SHO engine is nicer in every way imaginable... except for price on performance upgrades. :)

· Registered
1,079 Posts
umm.. i don't know what i said has to do with displacement or state of tune, but i've driven a number of cars (both mx6's and probes) with the klze and it's just like a rev-happy 4 banger if you axe me. :) unlike SHO's which pull from 2k to redline, and past.

seeing that klze in the tracer has got me thinkin' hard.. i need to find one for sale.. ::wipes drool off face::

anyone know of a knowledgable klze site??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.