FEOA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
You probably already know this but i've been looking for a car for over a year now and yesterday the day before my birthday i find a 2000 ZX2 S/R Red with 42 756 KM (25 000 miles) for 7987$ (4792 $us).

Anyway, I went to test drive it this morning and i bought it for 7867$ canadian... That is, my friends, the best deal i could ever find.

Here are some pics

I just got it today and this sucker pulls...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a 2000, the 99 had gt wheels... Yeah it pulls more than the gt; im going at the track this weekend, im thinking 15.5~15.7. My gt was doing 16.2 stock and this car is a little quicker but way more fun to drive. I went cruising yesterday and holy shit alot of people look at it. You should hear it scream at 6000 rpm with the iceman intake and borla exhaust; people say it sounds like a supercharge...

im very happy now!

Oh, and the s/r rims are way nice than gt rims in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I loved it when I saw it on ERDT and I still love it! LOL. The S/R never actually had "S/R" wheels. The ones you have are 3rd gen Tracer wheels, and of course the other style were the late model EGT wheels. For some reason the Tracer wheels look a lot nicer on the S/R than they do on a Tracer though.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never saw a tracer with those rims one; good to know...

The car is fast but not that fast over the gt but is alot funner to drive because of all the performance goodies on it.

But I won't diss my gt; it's a exellent car and stock for stock, new for new, i don't know who would win on a straight line.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Your EGT must be a slug... 84mph trap speed? did you have your family and camping gear packed in your car when you ran?

what RPM did you shift at? I hope at least 7k

I test drove an S/R last summer... had a friend with me. We both agreed my GT pulled significantly harder than that S/R. The S/R handled better though and that B&M shifter was awesome.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I shifted at 6200 rpm and the car was totally stock. My time is pretty good for stock; and sorry but the s/r is the same weight as the gt with 19 hp and 26 lbs/trq more... so yeah i dont know what im talking about especially when i have both cars...

Oh and one thing, since the s/r is more equipped with handling stuff of course the car is going to seem faster in a unequipped car. You test drove a car you never really tested it with other car you used to have a hard time keeping up with.

What's your time, show me a timeslip mr pro! Shifting at the redline isn't always good and every car is different. oh and i ended the run in fourth gear! You can feel it when to shift.

·
Registered
465 Posts
FourDiceS said:
I shifted at 6200 rpm and the car was totally stock. My time is pretty good for stock; and sorry but the s/r is the same weight as the gt with 19 hp and 26 lbs/trq more... so yeah i dont know what im talking about especially when i have both cars...

Oh and one thing, since the s/r is more equipped with handling stuff of course the car is going to seem faster in a unequipped car. You test drove a car you never really tested it with other car you used to have a hard time keeping up with.

What's your time, show me a timeslip mr pro! Shifting at the redline isn't always good and every car is different. oh and i ended the run in fourth gear! You can feel it when to shift.
OK moron, no wonder you have such a shitty time.

first of all, I have an RX-7 VAF which offers me ~5hp above 6k RPM... excuse me but I'm going to use it. My car continues to pull hard to the redline. If there's power to use, use it otherwise you're wasting it and you end up with shitty timeslips. you're a perfect example. look at most people's slips... most 5 speeds trap between 86-89mph. you're at 84 :roll:

and also, perhaps you are unaware of the fact that horsepower RATINGS are a BALLPARK figure. They are NOT exact by far. Not even meant to be. You do know what a DYNOMETER is correct? Take two brand new cars, and put them on a dyno and see how different their numbers are. There's also a thing called a powerband and some engines have a wider powerband than others... but I don't want to confuse you so we'll leave it at that.

You have had the car for what? 2 days? I drove the S/R around for about an hour. Drove my car before and after... and both me AND my friend who test drove it with me agreed that my car pulls harder. so its not bias.

I'll be running my car this summer... ill PM you the slip before I even post it.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
FourDiceS, you're a moron. You should know better than blah blah blah.. blah blah blah..

Well, that wasn't as much fun as GTScort would have it appear. :?

Your S/R is bitchin. Nice wheels too.. very distinctive. Sounds like you got a killer price :D :wink:

·
Registered
316 Posts
like that s/r check out the link in my sig :twisted:

I did (all stock) 15.3 in my s/r , first time to the track too...I started off 16.5 and worked my way down to 15.3 @ 90mph

at the end of that night I got a cel and ended up ruining a plug or something cause I was running on 3 cylinder (still did a mid 16 on that) ford ended up fixing it...all good now and more mods....

Jarred

·
Registered
465 Posts
inis said:
like that s/r check out the link in my sig :twisted:

I did (all stock) 15.3 in my s/r , first time to the track too...I started off 16.5 and worked my way down to 15.3 @ 90mph

at the end of that night I got a cel and ended up ruining a plug or something cause I was running on 3 cylinder (still did a mid 16 on that) ford ended up fixing it...all good now and more mods....

Jarred
you have pics of the car and timeslip by chance?

I find it hard to believe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.