FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Looks great. I like the chrome yellow the most on those.

Are those 15" wheels? If so, I'd say +1 or even +3 are the way to go. Be sure to compare available tire sizes. I just checked out some 17's on the Escape and it reccomended a tire size that you can only get one brand of a touring tire on :x

Upping to 255/55/18s would allow you to install some sticky summer tires. Of course, you could always install some lower profile tires on 16" or 17" wheels and find stickier rubber. Bah... so many trade-offs to consider, and I don't even know what you want. heh.

I bet you'd like me to break down and do the math on the torque lost from heavier wheels, eh? I've just been in an anti-math state for a while.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why yes yes I would :) I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't want to ruin the ride though. we'll see. time will tell. I'd be happy leaving the suspension/wheels alone and adding a turbo once the warrenty is up :)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sounds like a real sleeper.. and a beast.

I noticed that quite a few of the Escapes on Cardomain had the lower trim all painted. It looks pretty good on the black ones.. I wonder how it would look in Chrome Yellow... of course.. I bet that paint ain't cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts