FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah..

Oh yeah, the reason I got these wheel spacers, was because when I got my new tires, (the same size as the tires that I had on before, they rubbed the strut. Not all tire brands are exactly the same size.)

My tires:

--sarge

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wanted to get wheel spacers, but with the car being lowered they (at least the rear ones) would rub against the fender well thinger :( Nice looking wheels, what are the tires going to be used for?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the 15mm spacers, they're thick enough to need new studs too. Did you get the 15mm ones, or did you get one of the other sizes? It's cool, they are exactly 54.1mm on the inside, so they fit hubcentric, and they have a 54.1mm lip on them, so stock rims will also fit hubcentric. Now, since my SSR's were previously fitted to a buddy's '95 Honda Civic Hatch (that is nearly the best handling car I've ever driven, it's set up for ITU roadracing), I need to get some 54.1mm hubcentric rings for them.

The tires are Hoosier R3S04's, going to be used for roadrace/autocross most likely next season, since the autoX season is pretty much done for the season here.

I've already got my fenders rolled in the rear, but I'm probably going to be doing a little 'modification' over the winter to make them fit better, maybe add a little flare flair to them.

--sarge

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at H&R's stuff, there's like 3 different types of spacers. the kind you have, just a basic plate between the hub and the wheel, the kind I have, that requires longer studs installed in the hub, and then there's the Big Daddy kind, that has built-in studs, and bolts to the hub using the original studs. That's some serious spacing! There's a guy who drives a supercharged Porsche 928 that I know who has some massive like 3.5 - 4" spacers on his rear axles, they're monstrous! and so are his tires. :)

--sarge

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sarge, where'd you get the hoosiers? I can't find any in the 185/60/14 size. You started with 13's I presume, what size rim are you running now? I'd like to get a set of those for next season.

·
Registered
750 Posts
hes runnin 205/50ZR15...i got that out of the second pic. Im not sure if they make tires like that for 14" rims, id suggest you to get some 15" rims...like matt said in a different post...Slipstreams are nice.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hey Sarge, What type of rims are those and how much do they weight? they look great. Still looking ahead for when I decide to throw money into a nice set of rims someday. I also like the Rota Circuit 8's as well as the Slipstreams, almost moreso. Oh BTW Sarge I know you have athread up about that vid of yours, but I'l just congratulate you here to prevent post-whoring... NICE PASS!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:)

Those are Hoosier R3S04 205/50-15, as was stated.. I've never had 13's on the car, they won't fit over even the stock calipers. (14" came stock on the wagon). According to Hoosier's site, here is the link to the sizes that they make: Hoosier R3S04/A3S04 sizes

The rims are SSR competition (I think now called Type C), 15x7, 42mm offset. they weigh 9lbs each. 28.5lbs each with tire. I got them used from a road racer friend of mine for a great deal, they are usually somewhere around 280-290 a rim.

The tires I got from Big Bear Tire in Oconomowoc, WI. He has them there (with tax) for cheaper than it would be online (without tax).

hopefully, next spring, with the cusco camber plates and other nifty things, I'll be able to stomp my competition in Autocross (if they don't do engine swaps or something equally crazy)

--sarge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts