FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's and my parents live in different states, hers are in Idaho, mine are in western Washington and we live somewhere in the middle. We had two weeks for our winter break and decided to spend a week with her mom and a week with my parents. Two weeks ago we left on a 6 hour drive to Boise. We had lots of fun and got quite a few presents (yes, that means I didn't get to spend Christmas with my parents :( oh well). On our way to Boise I saw a green and yellow painted 2gen LX with a 5 foot wing on the back and shiny custom 15's....not my bag of tea...but to each his own :) While we were in Boise I saw a riced out civic with dual exhaust that only breathed out of one pipe. I pointed and laughed at the guy before leaving :) The last oddity I saw in boise was a silver 2gen LX wagon with a 4x4 badge right above the ford symbol on the back. I looked under the car as best as I could but didn't see any rear differential or anything that would remotely signify 4x4/AWD. Silly people.

At the end of that week we drove 8 hours down through Oregon and up to my parents house where we relaxed for the whole week, playing computer games and dreading coming back to school. I couldn't believe how many customized cars there are in my town. No custom scorts, unfortunately, but there was definitely a fair share of imports running around there. At the end of that week (yesterday, actually) we drove back to Pullman, another 6 hours and ended our holiday. I never want to drive that far again in a auto Saturn SL1 :(

Oh and I almost forgot, my wife's saturn rolled over 100,000 miles and didn't fall apart!! I was sure something bad was going to happen. As a 100k present we changed the oil :)

· Registered
10,893 Posts
Sounds like a busy but eventful Christmas! I personally like the Saturns.. I had one as basically my first car (well, it was my parents, but the leases overlapped, so it was mine for 3 months). Ya, there are some pretty stupid things that people do to cars. Here, some guy took a bright orange chevette and raised it onto a truck body... it sits about 4 feet off the ground (and I don't mean the top of the car, I mean the bottom of the car). Ugliest thing ever. I'll grab a picture next time I see it and I have my camera, because I have a feeling most people think I'm exagerating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.