FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would start a new thread,

after the swap, i have been getting roughly 30-32 in stop and go traffic to and from work (30 miles each way) about half of the trip is 60mpg the other half is stop and go 30mph or under
tomorrow i will be taking a 100mile drive, and then back on monday so i will have more updates
only other mods i have are K&N drop in filter, removed airbox silencers, and advanced the timing just a little, (12degrees) still running 87

· Registered
22 Posts
bluebronco69 said:

after the swap, i have been getting roughly 30-32 in stop and go traffic to and from work (30 miles each way) about half of the trip is 60mpg the other half is stop and go 30mph or under
tomorrow i will be taking a 100mile drive, and then back on monday so i will have more updates
only other mods i have are K&N drop in filter, removed airbox silencers, and advanced the timing just a little, (12degrees) still running 87
Just curious, what was your mileage before the swap? Is it a big difference?

· Registered
771 Posts
im curious too, ive seen egts get 32 daily before, its possible... did they realy do anything noticeable? id prolly put them in just cuz theyre better, even if they dont have a huge affect

· Registered
370 Posts
bluebronco69 said:

I am also interested in trying to determine what kind of mpg you were getting before.

I am getting 35 mpg @67 mph with taller tires, 0w-20 oil, etc. More specific before and after data would be much appreciated.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have alot of before data, as i didnt have the car long, but it gained about 1-2 mpgs i would say. last trip on the hwy, i went 350 miles, took 11 gals. that was mostly highway 75-80% the rest was some in town errands.

· Registered
412 Posts
during this summer i get 30-35 almost all highway and i drive 70mph. its a 40 mile round trip. only 2 modes are air filter and advanced trimming.

Winter at best is 28mpg.
in the works is kia injectors.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
with my build I'm getting a solid 35 easy now, I'm driving easy on a tank to see if I can smash into 37 and I also re tuned the VAM to 6 clicks instead of 8, and performance is still the same if not a tad better not using so much gas in the upper end. anyway I've got a FULL 2 1/4 exhaust, cone filter, K code, weapon R CAI with H box still in, then 4 wire TPS, cut intake mod, port and polish, fully rebuilt motor from the oil pan to the valve cover, NGK plug wires and iridium plugs, 12* timing currently. I THINK that's all I did to it... oh and 5th gear swap, performance tires the 205/50 R15's so smaller than the stock, next will be more of a stock tire, but that's what my blue car has and even driving harsh and hammering the throttle a lot I still get 30 at the least. I had fun near the 4th of july ;) OH and of course I have kia injectors, and soon kia transmission ;)

· Registered
1,100 Posts
yeah the lighter crank is supposed to hurt mileage so idk what all the mods I did do, I know it runs strong and good that's really all I really care about right now, it gets mid to high 30's, the worst I got was 30 mph ROMPING, and I've hit 35 in it on a rich tune all highway, now I'm semi lean like stock we'll see what that does, I don't drive much so it's gonna take a while to find out, but yeah it's REALLY hard to tell what does what, I did 4 wire, that jumped me up 2 mpg, then did kia injectors and saw maybe .5 or so, mostly the kia injectors pull harder in the top end cuz of the spray pattern, little tiny bit bigger of a bang :D but if they help, and they're cheap at the JY, why not!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.