FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... that's about it. I just wanted to know how the rest of you felt when it happed, if it was really a TV momentm ya know, like on the simpsons? I personally missed it, cause I didn't know I had that many km's on my car recently, so I was a bit upset. I guess I have 160,000 to look forward to (100,000 miles) and 200,000 eventually!

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought mine with 72000 km back in April of last year or something??? I normally put on about 3000+km a month. I have put on 5000 one of those months though. I drive far too much also.

·
Registered
694 Posts
No it was a company use vehicle. The guy used it to deliver mail and other pkg's..kinda like a private hotshot service. Unreal maintainence record. He said the speedo cable snapped and it didnt track any miles for a few days till he had time to repair it..which is probably a thousand or two more kms. for his line of work.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
That's cheating.

Is that miles or km?

If it's km, I'm gonna drive out to California and back this weekend just to leapfrog you.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Its Kms, and remember i'm down atleast 2,000kms from what it reads. Oh and i drive the car too and from job sites, so trust me i'm gonna add alot of kms fast to this thing.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
yeah my car rolled over 150k miles like 6 months ago... i was looking forward to it for like a month, kinda like a birthday or christmas... yeah i went out of town one day and my mom asked to use my car (i bet you see where this is going) i had no problem the milage never went through my head i was being a good son... about 3 minutes before i got home that night (about 2 blocks from my house) it hit me what i had done... i ran up to my car as soon as i got home... 150,024 on the odo :( sucky there is always 200k right ;)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
When I rolled over 200,000mi, I stopped in the middle of the road and gave my dad a call (since he bought it new). When I got his machine, I left a message, but still wanted to tell someone who might care, so I called my mother and said excitedly, "The car just rolled over 200,000!".. which was followed by silence from the other end.

Apparently you should never, ever, ever call up your mom and begin with, "the car just rolled over."

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL! I know what u mean about the car rolled over thing... I called my mom once, and all of a sudden something ran out infront of my, and I said oh shit just as I hit a dead zone... scared her shitless. I couldn't call her for like 2 mins either! Stupid rabits that I nearly hit. I remember though being excited over my 80,000km.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
How was Cali highanddry?

I was at 313,000 on my first engine (the one that I replaced for no apparent good reason!!) there's probably about 320 on the car now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I will be hitting 300,000kms in the next month. I bought the car 4 years ago with 135,000km on it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I got home from work and my odometer said 199,999. So I drove around the court in giant circles just to hit 200k. My whole family was watching and laughing. Then 12k kms later, the engine blew.......oh well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts