FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving and my car stalled at a light, so i started it up a few times and stepped on the gas and it started driving. im on the freeway and its running on very hot, the more i accelerate the lower the gauge goes though? so i accelerate, but then i hit 75 and it drops down to 70, i try to go 70 it drops to 65, and so on until it topped out at like 30 different speeds. the auto place whom i do not trust at all say that its the water pump and the timing belt. does this sound like behavior of that? by the way my pcv hose exploded and shot oil everywhere? what on earth is the fix to this. i got all the parts at cost and am trying to fix it with one other person with minimal knowledge of cars. i have a hayes manual or whatever, how complicated is this? and what happened to the pcv hose?

· Registered
5,229 Posts
Have a compression test performed. You may have excessive blow-by/ cylinder leak. Ensure each cylinder is strong before dumping any cash into the engine. I suppose a failing tensoiner or water pump could have caused the timing to jump a tooth and run poorly. I like 2nd opinions myself...

· Premium Member
2,664 Posts
If your water pumped failed, the car would run hot making the engine tight. You may have been losing coolant which gives you a false reading on your temp gauge. Water temp sensor needs coolant to be able to read, it can't read hot air.

I would still check compression like LOWETCT suggested to make sure you didn't damage things too badly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.