FEOA Forums banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 · (Edited)
Whiteline also makes bushings for the rear lateral links but they are expensive and they list them as fitting both 2nd and 3rd gen's which doesn't sound quite right.
I appreciate the heads up but I'm just going to go with the $12 ES bushings again.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 · (Edited)
Glad you dug it back up too (and glad to see you and the ride still kicking). Went to remove my stock K-member and the outside bolt galled and ripped the threads out of the body. Called Fastenal and ordered a stud in the required thread pitch that I will MIG into the body. Why does something as 'simple' as a k-member swap have to be so complicated due to hardware.:oops:
Yeah I'm surprised my thread never got stickied or rather the info I listed. Over the years I've come across people on different forums, social media, etc... asking fasteners sizes and other stuff i documented in my thread. Just like the forward lateral link bushings I am looking for now. I figured by now someone would have a solution or source but even searching this forum I see a bunch of posts asking for ideas on the bushings when I already figured that out and documented 9 years ago lol . As far as stripped threads YUP now whenever I quote a job, it's either comes apart nicely price or rust belt adjustment tax.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm going to drill/tap/fasten with a 1/2-20 x 3.5" bolt. Since the next up from M12 is M14 and that particular area of the car doesn't have a lot of meat to go that much over, 1/2" = 12.7mm, so that isn't that much over the M12. Enough to give me clean metal to tap, but not too much as to weaken the thread boss beyond use!

Having lived 11 years in Ohio and 11 years in Michigan, I always go with the Rust Belt price and adjust down if the car cooperates!🤣

141 - 144 of 144 Posts