FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to mount race seats in my ZX2 among other things, just having some difficulty locating the correct bracket.

MX3 seats - do they bolt right in without any mods? If so, these brackets are gonna be great I would figure!

These are honestly looking like my only option!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
MX3 seat rails bolt into the chassis pan with no other modifications necessary. Ours and MX3 share the same BG chassis.

John

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MX3 seat rails bolt into the chassis pan with no other modifications necessary. Ours and MX3 share the same BG chassis.

John
I am gonna go for it, thank you!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Are you going to replace both seats or just the drivers since your ad says left side bracket?

Also, that is hella expensive for a bracket. If you aren't in a hurry I can probably get you both sides and even the seats themselves depending on their condition.

I have a set of MX3 seats in my wagon and I love them but their going to lower your seat postion by a couple of inches.

John

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes both brackets.

the car is going on the track, so I am installing these aftermarket seats and the above planted industries brackets which are crash safe

I do appreciate the offer though! I am also looking forward to requesting more assistance in the future and learning more about our 3rd gens!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was suggested to me to replace the bracket also, because the stock one only locks on one side vs both sides w/ the slider - so a double locking slider or fixed position seat is better, I am planning on adding a slider in between the bracket and the seat + seat mounts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
it was suggested to me to replace the bracket also, because the stock one only locks on one side vs both sides w/ the slider - so a double locking slider or fixed position seat is better, I am planning on adding a slider in between the bracket and the seat + seat mounts
AHA! Different environment different solution. If you're tracking the car then you won't need a passenger seat unless you're rallying the car which means you'll need one for the navigator but you metnioned both so I assume you're building a rally car. Make sure the seat bolt holes will line up with an MX3 rail. Not sure what you're paying for those but I like to use Corbeau seats as they are great for racing and cheaper than most for the quality level you get. If you decide to go that route you can probably find a Mazda 323 rail that will go with the seats.

John

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
need a passenger seat
in this cars case its just recommended for race instructors, it was recommended to me to give them the same accommodations I have given myself as a student

we're doing road courses with the car for now, but in the future SCCA club rally is the ultimate plan for these cars, it is an audi group B killer I think - 98" unmodified wheelbase does not lie when these cars turn laps fast on the road and the dirt

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just gonna say grab a milk crate and use the tow straps LOL

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they fit

Automotive design Automotive exterior Tints and shades Carbon Personal luxury car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Seat belt

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They look great. How is the ride height? No helmet contact with the roof with the ceiling removed I assume.?
plenty of space to put on helmet in car

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mounted harnesses and harness bar, steering wheel also.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Window Steering part

1 - 14 of 14 Posts