FEOA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When some topics get large, I notice lately that no matter what page I click on (2,3,4, etc..) that it takes me to page 1 of the topic regardless of what page number I click on.

anyone else having this issue?

--sarge

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I've had this problem before... not sure if it was just coincidence, but just restarted my computer, modem, and router, and all was ok in the world!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to be every thread. I had a hunch, and things seem to work fine in IE, but since I don't use it, that's no help, really.

I'm using firefox 9.3 on one computer, and 1.0 on another, and it's the same on both versions. No matter what page number I click on from the main forum view, it always takes me to page one of the topic. from there, however, i can go to whatever page I want.

strange, no? I tried this out on other PHPBB boards, from 2.0.8 to 2.0.11 (which i use for my own, coincidentally) and FEOA is the only site with this effect on me. I'm going to try wiping out the cookies and stuff for the site, and see if a fresh batch of momma's best fixes anything...

--sarge

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, I just completely wiped all the feoa cookies, and re-logged in, same effect. I took a closer look at the links, and this is what I got:

from the main forum view, 'copy link location' of page 2 of the FEOA graphic design contest thread:
Code:
http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9002&start=15
That brings me to page 1.

However, from within page one, when I 'copy link location' of page 2, I get a slightly different link:
Code:
http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9002&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
The wierd thing is, when I cut and paste the first link in the address bar, it takes me to page two with no problems. It's only clicking the link from the viewforum page that gives me page 1 of the topic each time...

maybe it's just one of those wierd things....

--sarge

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you do anything with Z-axis layering or something like that? because when you rollover the cell that the topic is in, you can actually click on it and go to the viewtopic page 1, instead of having to actually click on the topic title text itself. It's like the topic page number is "under" the cell, so the cell gets clicked rather than the page number. Did I explain that ok? I wonder if it's something to do with the OnMouseOver hack, or whatever you used to make that functionality work.....

--sarge

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm.. I wonder if it's the hypercells mod, then, I read something about Opera not using them properly. can't find any mention of them not working in Firefox though.

more research..

--sarge

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, so far the only way I've seen to fix the problem is to remove the "onclick="window.location.href='..." lines, which still gets you the mouseover color change, but then takes away the functionality of being able to click anywhere in the cell to go to the topic, and I don't think you should do that.

A different way of looking at it might be to make the page numbers also use a form of the hypercell mod, maybe with a mouseover that enlarges the font and changes the color of each number that's rolled over, it might sort of "give control" back to the browser, but that might be a lot of PITA work to do. It would look kinda cool, though.

I might mess around with things on my own forums a bit, and see if I can't figure something out.

--sarge

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, then it must be my install. time for a wipe and reinstall of it. I wonder what the hell could be causing it.. maybe because when i installed 1.0, i kept my same profile from my previous 9.x installations?

--sarge

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
strange indeed.

I've reinstalled, and no more problem. however, I haven't really redone all my extensions and subtle modifications to Firefox yet. As I do, I'll keep testing and see what was causing the problem.

I think this can be laid to rest now though.. lol! Sorry for the added stress!

--sarge

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.