FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, will this work when it comes to the timing on my 94 LX? I would be able to advance and retard the timing as I desire. Now comes the hard part, is this going to fit and function properly with my car??? the unit is a MSD 6A ignition control box and a timing control unit that connects to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So just a general question if i bought a 6a for my egt 93 1.8 that has an intake and exhaust and soon to have a gude head and turbo will it really help out the stock motor? i know i will have to get the aftermarket coil yet but will it really help? i know anything is better then stock when it comes to ignition however will i have to set up a timing geez what is it called or does it work off the stock trigger? there is several on ebay for like 50$ so it got me intrested

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Too bad I missed this post earlier, but the 6A and 6AL won´t work on an LX or Pony 1.9l with EDIS. You will need the DIS-2 instead. The 6A and 6AL are only for cars with distributors.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don´t want to get rid of any of my performance parts cause I am getting another GT.Sorry
The MSD is a multiple spark ign. system. I works awsome with a turbo, cause the point is that stock the spark plug fires once on each stroke while the MSD fires multiple times on each stroke, and I also recommend getting the bosch 4 with the MSD, it will only make it work all the better. Now don´t think that this is going to give you 5-10hp it will more than likely give you 1hp .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.